As many of you know, I have decided to design a fitness program for myself in addition to doing a round of Turbo Fire. These first few weeks will be pure experimentation. I am discovering and learning how my body reacts to each exercise, weight requirements, and how each exercise can work together to enhance results.
This was the line up for my leg’s experiment:
- Warm up. (10 minutes)
- Stretch. (Legs/back)
- Weighted ball Squats. They were not challenging enough for me. (1 set)
- Weighted Smith Rack Squats. (3 set of 15 reps)
- Multi-planar Step-up. This was done to a weight bench step height. (1 minute in each direction)
- Weighted Step-up. This was done to a weight bench step height. (3 sets of 15 on each leg)
- Elevated 3 directional lunges. This was done to a step heightof approximately 18-24 inches. (3 sets of 15)
- Weighted donkey kicks. (3 sets of 15 on each leg)
- Box jumps. This was done to a step height of approximately 18-24 inches. (1 minute)
- Power Jumps. (1 minute)
- Turbo Fire- Fire 45.
Resistance training segment was performed as a circuit! My goal is to train in the areas of stabilization, resistance and reactive training!
I was not nearly as sore this morning as I had hoped. I actually did not feel the workout at all so I have to find different exercises and play with these a little more to find the right level of training for my body. As you know the FIRST time you do most workouts you will be sore. At least that is how it works for me.
I would love your suggestions and if there are leg exercises that you like that are challenging!
Today is my chest and back experiment!! I can’t wait!!!